Tracked Tags: beyonceofmysticfalls
did anyone else do that thing when they were in elementary where you write T H I S on your knuckles and a stick figure on one palm and a scribble on the other and you go “this is bob bob says hi this is bob when the car comes by” thing. that was messed up.
roplusglam replied to your post “roplusglam started following you Hi. Hope you like me.”
awww you’re a bamon shipper and a badass bonnie stan, I love you already! :))
Yay!! I love you too! :D
the hunger games aren’t amazingly unique or flawless or anything but I think katniss as a character is very important and i think the media misunderstands
we aren’t in it for the cute boys. we’re in it for katniss. thousands of young girls were introduced to an introverted, angry girl born into poverty and watched her become the savior of the world and the media doesn’t seem to understand that she, as a character, is important to girls. not who she dates, but her
I don’t know how some girls are 100% straight like have you seen girls
What wage gap
IF YOU WANNA BE MY LOVER
YOU GOTTA GET away from my friends because they’re more attractive looking and cooler than me and you might choose them instead which i completely understand because im ugly
Calm Bottle (aka Glitter Jar)
Goal:Decreasing anxiety, fear, etc.; Anger management; Decreasing self-harming behaviors; Expressive/physical release
- Container: This is typically made with a glass mason jar, but since I often make these with children I use water bottles with smooth sides.
- One bottle of clear glue (not white glue that dries clear), or glitter glue: I like using regular glue so I don’t have to deal with the hot water since I make these in my office. Glue/glitter glue works best, but you could also use corn syrup if that’s all you have. You have to pour it directly in the water without letting it touch the sides of the bottle or the glitter will stick to it.
- Water: It can be room temperature if you use regular glue but should be hot (I use boiling water) if glitter glue is used. If the water is not hot enough then the glitter will become clumpy and separate.
- Glitter: I use mostly super fine glitter with a little regular sized. I sometimes add sequins, beads, shells, plastic jewels, etc. Glow in the dark glitter looks really cool if you can find it. Less (or even none) is needed with glitter glue bottles
- Food coloring: This is optional. Only use one drop or it becomes difficult to see the glitter.
- Strong glue or duct tape: This is used to fasten the lid to the container. I like using colored duct tape.
- Making a Calm Bottle (clear glue): Fill the bottle 3/4 of the way full with water. Then add the glue (and shake) and glitter (and shake). I use a funnel for the glitter. The more glue you use, the longer it will take the glitter to fall. I usually use the whole bottle. Add 1 drop of food coloring, if desired, and then glue/tape the lid on.
- Making a Calm Bottle (glitter glue): Instead of clear glue you can use glitter glue. If you go this rout then mix the glitter glue in a bowl with very hot water (I boil the water) before adding it to the bottle. If the water is not hot enough then the glue will clump up and not work. You can add 1 drop of food color and additional glitter is desired.
- Using a Calm Bottle: If you are making this with a client I suggest making it with them, rather than for them. It is fun to make, they can personalize it, it will mean more to them and they will be much more likely to use it. When your client becomes upset, angry, frustrated, anxious, etc., direct them to shake the bottle vigorously as long as they want as an expressive/physical release activity. When they are finished they set the bottle down and watch the glitter fall as they use their favorite coping tool and/or deep breathing exercise.
- Other uses: This is a common coping tool used for people who self-harm and is easily adaptable to many clinical issues. I have also used this as a coping tool + timer for kids who are transitioning into sleeping in their own bed or have trouble focusing and are taking long breaks during homework. It is a highly adaptable to numerous therapeutic goals. You can also make these just because they are awesome and fun to make, or as an art project :)
If anyone has any questions feel free to message me
OH. OH MY GOD I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS A KID WASN’T NOTHING WORSE THAN SPENDING THE NIGHT OVER MY GRANDMOM HOUSE AND HER DECIDING THAT SHE DIDN’T FEEL LIKE COOKING BREAKFAST. SWEET, SWEET JESUS WHEN SHE USED PULL OUT THE BOX OF RAISIN BRAN I COULD JUST FEEL EVERY ELECTROLYTE IN MY BODY SHRIVEL INTO DUST JUST LOOKING AT THAT BOX. THE BLIND HATRED I FELT FOR HER ON THOSE MORNINGS WERE DWARFED ONLY BY THE FURY OF ONE THOUSAND SUNS THAT CAME FORTH WHEN SHE USED TO MAKE ME THAT DRY ASS, CHEWY ASS ORIGINAL QUAKER OATMEAL WITH NO BUTTER AND A PINCH OF SUGAR. OH MY GOD THERE ARE LITERALLY TEARS IN MY EYES I HATE YOU SO MUCH GRANDMA I SWEAR TO GAWD I HATE YO ASS FOR THOSE MORNINGS WHEN ALL A NIGGA WANTED WAS A SCRAMBLED EGG AND SOME SAUSAGE AND INSTEAD YOU GAVE ME SOME OL WHEAT AND BARLEY, NEGRO SPIRITUAL BULLSHIT NO DONT TOUCH ME
Settle down, CiCi. It’s not that bad. LOL